We provide affordable uncontested divorce
. Our service is unique in Texas, Illinois and California as we actually file the petition on your behalf, get it approved and then provide remaining documents to finalize the divorce. Additionally, we are always around if you need follow up process help.
In Texas, Illinois, and California, you can e-File civil cases including divorce. We are 1eFile
- Texas, Illinois, and California States Approved Electronic Filing Service Provider (EFSP). You can find us @EFILETEXAS.GOV
. All this means is that we can actually help you unlike other online divorce sites which will simply give you forms.
Divorce in Texas, Illinois, and California is pretty straightforward if it is uncontested. Following are the steps you will have to go through to get a divorce in these states.
- 1) Complete Original Petition of Divorce and File it. Simply Start Texas Process, Start Illinois Process or Start California Process and complete the petition and we will file it.
- 2) Once the petition is approved by the court you will need to give the approved petition to your spouse. It is ok if you cannot find your spouse - we will still be able to help you through the process. We will give you detailed instructions and forms about this and remaining process once we get the petition (from step 1) approved
- 3) Complete a form called "Decree of Divorce" (also known as Judgement) that has all the agreements you reached with your spouse.
- 4) Call the court to schedule a hearing. Some courts require you to file Motion to set a hearing to schedule a hearing - If required, let us know and we will help
- 5) Finalize the divorce by going to the court